Image 1 of 1
The Pencarrow Head lighthouse (top) marks the eastern entrance of Wellington harbour (New Zealand). It was built in 1859 and manned by New Zealand's only female lighthouse keeper, Mary Jane Bennett. Plagued by low visibility caused by low clouds and fog, a lower lighthouse was built in 1906, at Baring Head. Pencarrow Head was eventually decommisioned in 1935.
- ©2010 K. Sahai/karimsahai.com
- Image Size
- 5000x3333 / 15.7MB
- Contained in galleries